Reports To: People Manager, Store Manager & Owner
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Embody The Bowl Standards: Good Vibes Only, The Goods, Customer Service, Initiative, Work Efficiently, Cleaning & Sanitation
The Assistant Manager provides all Bowl Reps with the guidance and information to perform their jobs to the highest standard. They are responsible for maintaining store operations; and communicating issues and needs to People and Store Manager when needed. Assistant Manager works with the management team to accomplish goals and plans. They manage, coach and develop Event Lead and Lead Bowl Reps daily.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Supervise Employees
- Open / Close Duties
- Training / Retaining Bowl Reps
- Maintain company documentation
- Purchasing & inventory control
- Maintain equipment
- Work closely with Lead Bowl Reps, members of Management and Owner
- Manager ServSafe certification
- Attend and contribute to Bowl Rep Meetings and Manager Meetings
- Attend all company sponsored events
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training and retraining employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Minimum of one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Proficiency with Apple products, specifically MacBook and iPad, with experience using Numbers, Pages and other Apple based software.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to taste or smell.
• Extended periods of standing.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is in a typical restaurant environment.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately noisy.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to work near moving mechanical parts and extreme cold and heat (both weather and non-weather).