Reports To: Management team & Owner
FLSA Status: Non-exempt (3 shifts/week minimum)
Embody The Bowl Standards: Good Vibes Only, The Goods, Customer Service, Initiative, Work Efficiently, Cleaning & Sanitation
Every employee should embody The Bowl standards: Good Vibes Only, The Goods, Customer service, Initiative, Work Efficiently, Cleaning & Sanitation. The Bowl Rep should be knowledgeable on all of The Bowl’s products and offerings in order to communicate clearly to customers, giving them the ultimate customer service experience! This position provides the Good Vibes our customers love while performing the following duties:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Consistently prepare and serve açai/pitaya bowls and smoothies per spec sheet
- Work register, prep ingredients, clean and blend as directed by manager on duty
- Execute proper portion control with all ingredients
- Clean and sanitize equipment and work areas to The Bowl’s standards
- Stock supplies on an ongoing basis
- Open and close store per manager instructions
- Knows and effectively executes The Bowl’s promotions
- Set up/tear down farmer’s market booth
- Complete farmers market prep
- Obtain ServSafe certification
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or zero to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to speak effectively to customers and fellow employees.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to taste or smell.
• Extended periods of standing.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to work near moving mechanical parts and extreme cold and heat (non-weather).
- The noise level in the work environment is usually noisy.