Reports To: Management Team & Owner
FLSA Status: NON-EXEMPT (3 SHIFTS/WEEK MINIMUM)
Embody The Bowl Standards: Good Vibes Only, The Goods, Customer Service, Initiative, Work Efficiently, Cleaning & Sanitation
Every employee should embody The Bowl standards: Good Vibes Only, The Goods, Customer service, Initiative, Work Efficiently, Cleaning & Sanitation. The Event Lead is responsible for bringing the energy of the store to outside events as well as training and guiding new hires. Event Lead sets the example by maintaining full knowledge about the menu, products, history behind The Bowl, customer service standards and performance in all phases of store operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develop your pitch, and make it amazing!
- Spread brand awareness to Naples and surrounding areas
- Share your personal passion for The Bowl and engage with potential new customers in an energetic way that gets them excited
- Lead on school deliveries, farmer’s markets, events and any other activities outside the store
- Maintain event equipment & supplies
- Meet all Event Lead deadlines
- Event Guides: completed before and after events
- Perform Lead responsibilities in store as well as at events
- Promotional marketing: promote using gift cards and other marketing tools at local events or businesses
- Research and present to management events that are recurring, established, one off, sporting, health focused, likeminded, new/exciting, young, old, whatever!
- Develop, train and retain a team to work with you, and assist People Manager with scheduling for those events
- Ongoing training initiatives
- Seek out new monthly classes by creating strategic partnerships with other local businesses
- Maintain overall shift operations, sales performance and customer experience
- Consistently prepare and serve acai/pitaya bowls and smoothies per spec sheet
- Work register, prep ingredients, clean and blend as directed by manager on duty
- Execute proper portion control with all ingredients
- Clean and sanitize equipment and work areas to The Bowl’s standards
- Stock supplies on an ongoing basis
- Lead the open and close duties
- Knows and effectively executes The Bowl’s promotions
- Set up/tear down farmer’s market booth
- Complete farmer’s market prep
- Obtain ServSafe certification
- Coordinate, contribute to and attend Bowl Rep meetings and catering when needed
- Attend all company sponsored events
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training and retaining employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Directly supervises Bowl Reps.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or zero to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Proficiency with Apple products, specifically MacBook and iPad, with experience using Numbers, Pages and other Apple based software.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is constantly required to stand, walk, talk, hear, and bend and twist neck, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and rarely lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
- Extended periods of standing.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to work near moving mechanical parts and extreme cold and heat (both weather and non-weather).
- The noise level in the work environment is usually noisy.